Miss Raniella's Teacher Read aloud
Let's finish Woods Runner!!
Listen and follow along. Make a prediction what will Samuel do next?
Listen and follow along to Chapter 12 and then answer the following questions.
- What are some ways Samuel demonstrates a great heart? (Think about Annie and Samuel's parents, what he thinks and how he acts)
- Write a 3 sentence summary of Chapter 12. (what happens, main events)
Listen and follow along to Chapter 13.
Why is Abner helping Samuel? (What reason(s) does he give)
How does Abner show a great heart?
You need to email me so I can give you your username and password to begin. You need to type in the school code: pa4152
Completed work now needs to be submitted to receive credit. This work can be submitted in a variety of ways (whataver works best for you). If you are working in a notebook or have printed out the worksheets, a picture of the completed work can be taken and then sent to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are working in a Google document, the document can be shared with me. If you have any other questions about the work or how to get it to me please reach out!
Make sure you are submitting completed assignments to get credit!!
Spelling Words- watermelon, understand, homemade, loudspeaker, anyway, flashlight, campfire, skateboard, highway, upstairs
1. Write your spelling words 4x each.
2. Complete workbook page. Click Spelling April 27th. *Some of the words on the Worksheet are not your spelling words, but try to complete the whole sheet!
3. Take a Practice Test. Write the words you got wrong 2x each.
1. Action Verbs. Every sentence has a subject (whom or what the sentence is about) and a predicate (what the subject does or is). An action verb shows action. Click the link action verbs.
2. Present Tense. A verb in the Present tense tells about an action that happens now. Click the link Present Tense. Click the link Present Tense.
1. Woods Runner Chapter 16. Listen and follow along to chapter 16 and then answer the comprehension questions. Write the answers either in a notebook/piece of paper (you can take a picture and email it to me) or write your responses in a Google doc that you can share with me. We will also discuss these questions and the chapter when we meet on Google Hangout. Afternoon Reading Class: Thursday, April 30th @ 12pm. Morning Reading class: Friday, May 1st @ 12pm. I sent an invite to all of your emails.
- How does Matthew demonstrate a great heart?
- What do we learn about Sammuel's parents in this chapter?
2. Woods Runner Chapter 17. Listen and follow along to chapter 16 and then answer the comprehension questions. Write the answers either in a notebook/piece of paper (you can take a picture and email it to me) or write your responses in a Google doc that you can share with me. We will also discuss these questions and the chapter when we meet on Google Hangout (same as above).
- What happens when Abner and Sammuel try to free Sammuel's father from prison?
- How is Sammuel's father differernt?
3. Flocabulary. Setting. Complete 4 out of the 6 activities for this lesson.
I have assigned lessons for you to complete. If you have already put in the class code, the assignment will automatically show up.
Once you are in the class, Read the article about Paul Revere and complete the Write and Quiz activities.
Keep up all the hard work!! I am so proud of you!