If you haven't gotten your username and password to begin, please email me.
School code: pa4152
Week of April 27th
Completed work now needs to be submitted to receive credit. This work can be submitted in a variety of ways (whataver works best for you). If you are working in a notebook or have printed out the worksheets, a picture of the completed work can be taken and then sent to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are working in a Google document, the document can be shared with me. If you have any other questions about the work or how to get it to me please reach out!
Make sure you are submitting completed assignments to get credit for your work!!
Spelling Words- vehicle, miniature, opportunity, probability, variety, elementary, literature, elevator, Pennsylvania
1. Write your spelling words 4x each.
2. Click the link Spelling April 27th. *Some of the words on the worksheet are not your spelling words, but try to complete the entire sheet!
3. Take a Spelling Practice Test. Write the words you got wrong 2x each.
1. Main Verb/Helping Verb. Click the link Verbs and find the Main verb and Helping verb in each sentence.
2. Direct Objects. A direct object answers Whom? or What? after an action verb. EXAMPLE: Dad and I shoveled the snow. The action word is shoveled, so I say to myself shoveled what? shoveled snow. Snow is the Direct Object. Now try this one: Brian and I helped Michael in the yard.
If you said Michael, that is correct! Click the link Direct Objects.
3. Appositives. An appositive is a word or a phrase that identifies or explains a noun. We will be discussing this in more depth at our Google Hangout on April 29th @1:30. If you would like to try this out before then, click the link Appositives.
contempt- a feeling of scorn towards someone
sabotage- destructive acrion by an enemy
rationed- to limit portions, as in food
swastika- Nazi political symbol
Nazi- political party in Germany during WWII led by Adolf Hitler
1. Number the Stars.
Listen and follow along to chapter 1 and then answer the following questions. You can either write them in a notebook/piece of paper (take a picture and send it to me) or in a google doc to share. We will also discuss the chapter and questions when we meet on Wednesday. https://youtu.be/7hO7kFK9zgM
- Jot thoughts about the table of contents
- How are the three girl's reactions/responses different when stopped by the soldiers on the street?
- Name some ways life has changed for the Johansens and the Rosens?
2. Number the Stars.
Listen and follow along to chapter 2 and then answer the following questions. You can either write them in a notebook/piece of paper (take a picture and send it to me) or in a google doc to share. We will also discuss the chapter and questions when we meet on Wednesday. https://youtu.be/4y2r7DIbDIk
- Who is Lise? What happened to her?
- Why did the king not fight the German soldiers?
Once you are in the class, read the article and complete Write and Quiz assignments.
Class Code: 35SWSM
Keep up all the hard work! So proud of you!!
Starting next week all of your ELA assignments will be in google classroom. I sent you a link to your email. Please join my google classroom.